Sunday 29 November 2015

Deck the Halls - My Top Five Christmas Decorating Themes

Decorating your home for the festive season doesn't need to break the bank. Re-using those family favourites year after year and adding some fresh on-trend items from stores such as HomeSense which offer great value for money, mean you can have a home to be proud of when friends and family drop in for mince pies and mulled wine.

I've rounded up some of my favourite themes from interiors store HomeSense:


Copper Dream

Metallic tones in copper will be the must-have look this season for the fashion-conscious Christmas stylist.  Add in a few copper accents to your existing stash of decorations to bring your look bang up-to-date.







Large candle holder £6.99, Studded reindeer £9.99, Copper jar £3.99, Copper beaded bauble, Copper bauble £5.99, Large copper star £9.99

Woodland Wonderland

Bringing nature indoors is an age-old tradition, and including some rustic items such as these to a green and budget-friendly assortment of holly, ivy and foliage collected from the garden or a woodland walk will give you a calm and traditional Christmas feel.





Silver tree stand, Wooden star box £12.99, Acorns £3.99, Bear head £16.99, Wooden star


Scandi Christmas

Scandinavian style is embraced again this year, with red and white themes and natural wood leaving us dreaming of log cabins, roaring fires and glasses of hot glogg.




Metal hanging hearts £6.99, Red hanging hearts £3.99, Wooden heart £6.99, Sledge £7.99, Snowflake candle holder £5.99


Glitzy Gold

Ever since the Three Wise Men brought the gift of gold to the manger, this tone has been associated with Christmas decor.  Go for all-out decadence with these glitzy pieces.



Snowflake wall panel £12.99, Gold vase, Gold Angel Wing £14.99, Gold heart £5.99, Gold wooden snowflakes £9.99


Folksy Christmas

Embrace all things colourful and fun with these whimsical homespun decorations.



Merry Christmas garland £12.99, Painted bird, Paper heart £7.99, Multi coloured star £3.99, Paper tree £7.99, Multi coloured garland £6.99


Find your nearest HomeSense store here.

Which is your favourite look this year?

Disclosure: Post in association with HomeSense.  Images courtesy of HomeSense, image items not to scale.

20 comments:

  1. Loving the reindeer. I've a thing about them this year but I haven't got any in the house. I think I am going to have to sneak some in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you've got to have a reindeer at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. What some gorgeous ideas, I am loving the copper and the woodland themes myself. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The copper ones are beautiful aren't they. I like how calm the woodland ones are too.

      Delete
  3. I love all of these, may have to create a mixed theme this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all these. I think a trip to homesense is in order

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love most of what you have shared. That copper jar is ace. I love it. I also love the pompom garland, but for all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garland would be lovely all year round, you're right.

      Delete
  6. I like ALL these themes!!! How could I choose one???? Woodland or folksy or Scandi!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it hard to stick to any one theme as my taste is very eclectic but overall I think I like the Scandi stuff best. But then I like a bit of bling too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it hard to stick to one theme too, so I tend to di different rooms in different styles them I can have all of what I like!

      Delete
  8. I like the last range the best - I like colours that are bright but tasteful at the same time if you know what i mean. I'd happily have all of those in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, all of them! I love the golden wing and the folksy decorations, I need a new theme for the Christmas tree this year and this post has given me plenty of inspiration!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very traditional, has to be red and gold, noting else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great ideas - I'm going for the Scandi look for our tree this year :) Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the woodland theme andthe Scandi one is gorgeous too!!

    ReplyDelete