Wednesday 8 February 2012

Land of Sometimes Launch Party - win a copy of the CD



Hopefully, you read my review of the Land of Sometimes CD?  If not, please do, it's hand on heart one of the loveliest children's music concepts I've ever come across.

I was bouncing up and down with excitement when I got an invite to the official launch party held last week at the famous Groucho Club.

You see, it's not only Ruby who has become entranced with this magical land, but I've kind of got sucked into it now too.  So I was really keen to go along and meet in person the creators, musicians, singers and everyone involved.

As I should have expected from the unique style of the project, this weren't no ordinary launch party!  We feasted on food from the Land of Sometimes - cream cheese, fruit slices and jelly.


Four seasons pass within one day in the Land of Sometimes, and each season was represented beautifully (and edibly!)


And, well, if wouldn't be a party without a drink or two would it?


Once my wheels were oiled, I chatted and mingled - as you do.  Everyone was SO lovely.  It didn't feel like an official PR launch at all, more like a big happy, fun party full of friends and family.

That's exactly what this crew are, one big happy family.  Francessca Longrigg who came up with the concept,  wrote it, sang on it and even played on it, is an amazing lady.  A totally wonderful, enthusiastic and charismatic lady, you get the feeling that people are spellbound by her and will do anything for her.  I guess that's how she managed to get this eclectic bunch together in the first place!

Chicky Reeves (producer) & Francesca Longrigg


I spent a lovely time chatting with the illustrator who has bought the characters to life through his artwork on the album cover and booklet, and on the website.  Howard McWilliam is an acclaimed illustrator and a genuinely lovely guy.  He and his wife are due their first baby soon - I do hope some of the tales we told him haven't put him off. Mind you, it's too late now!

Howard McWilliam

As well as being a respected newspaper and magazine illustrator, he's produced work for countless children's books and has even designed the new Matey bubble bath characters! Who knew!

All the actors and singers involved were so friendly and passionate about their involvement.  I made a point of seeking out the voice behind the Chameleon Catcher - the only character that Ruby is a little unsure of.  She's a teensy bit scared of him, so I wanted to be able to tell her I'd met him and how nice he was.  Well, Austin Howard was indeed a joy, even though I do look scared in this picture with him (the expression is more to do with having a huge long lens camera pointed at me!)


He's a fascinating guy and has a colourful background in the music industry.  One of the Stock Aitken & Waterman gang, he had a hit single and is still touring and singing now with his new band Ruff as Stone.  I really enjoyed meeting Austin, and hope to catch one of his gigs sometime.


Oh look! It's Jools Holland!  I was too busy chatting and missed the chance to say hi to him.  Such a shame because he's such a hero, not to mention the man I've spent more New Year's Eves with than any other!

I had an amazing evening, and want to thank everyone so much for their warm welcome and for having me along.

The CD is out now and is available to buy here.

I'd also like to offer you the opportunity to win your own copy of this stunning CD.

Please leave a comment below saying you'd wish to enter and don't forget to include a way for me to contact you.

For an additional entry, like the Land of Sometimes facebook page, and leave a comment with your Facebook name here.

For a further entry, follow the Land of Sometimes on Twitter and leave an extra comment here with your twitter name.

For one final entry, please tweet the following and leave a comment to say you have done so "I want to enter the magical world of @landofsometimes with @missielizzieb here http://bit.ly/zwz0GQ "

The competition is open to UK entries only.  Closes at 5pm on Saturday 18th February 2012.


Photo credit: photos by Anstro

124 comments:

  1. i would like to enter please


    ianmaciver@onetel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chance.

    @baggiesbabe69

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like their FB page

    Ness Gorton

    @baggiesbabe69

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following them on twitter @baggiesbabe69

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to enter. Thanks. @clairew137

    ReplyDelete
  6. like the Land of Sometimes facebook page - done as clairewoods32@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. follow the Land of Sometimes on Twitter - done @clairew137

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the comp, please enter me. @7hippopotamus

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've liked the Land of Sometimes facebook page Jane Townson

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following them on twitter @7hippopotamus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tweeted the comp. @7hippopotamus

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I'd love to win the CD, I love your review

    @caro_mad x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the Land of Sometimes facebook page as Carolin Mader x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I follow the Land of Sometimes on Twitter as @caro_mad x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'd love to enter, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I liked the Land of Sometimes facebook page. (Carolina J.)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I follow the Land of Sometimes on Twitter (@pandcands).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tweeted! @pandcands

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liked and shared on FB
    Carol Coldicott-Stirmey

    ReplyDelete
  20. Followed on twiiter @carol_cstirmey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tweeted require tweet @carol_cstirmey

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like you had a great time.
    Would love to win the CD.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Liked the Land of Sometimes facebook page as Maya Russell.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Following the Land of Sometimes on Twitter.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have tweeted.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  26. but was there Cream and Spice? And if so, what did it taste like??

    ReplyDelete
  27. Id love to enter this comp please. :)

    Stephaniegeary100@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm in too :)
    Michelle from http://www.mollymoo.ie
    email info@mollymoo.ie
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/mollymoo.ie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I would like to enter please
    Twitter @RuthMarianna

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the Land of Sometimes facebook page
    twitter @RuthMarianna

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am following the Land of Sometimes on Twitter
    @RuthMarianna

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would like to enter

    Tweet me @aesop57

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have liked the Land of Sometimes facebook (Alice Hindley)

    ReplyDelete
  34. i would like to be entered into this comp please
    following blog with GFC
    Liked and shared with all
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. I would like to enter please @torialou78

    ReplyDelete
  36. liked the FB page Torz Langley xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. followed land of sometimes on twitter @torialou78

    ReplyDelete
  38. tweeted message @torialou78 xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I would love to win this, please count me in

    Twitter - @bloomingfox
    Facebook - Kirsty Fox
    Email - robertfox24 [AT] aol [DOT]com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I already like The Land of Sometimes Facebook page - Kirsty Fox

    ReplyDelete
  41. I am already following @LandOfSometimes on Twitter - @bloomingfox

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'd like to enter :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would love to be entered into this comp please nataliemay27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have liked the Land of Sometimes facebook page
    natalie m goatley
    nataliemay27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I am following the Land of Sometimes on Twitter @nataliemay29

    ReplyDelete
  46. Please enter me @robinbrooksbank

    also tweeted

    ReplyDelete
  47. Please enter me - @WeeWillieWilkie

    ReplyDelete
  48. I've liked the Land of Something on FB - @WeeWillieWilkie - Lisa Wilkinson

    ReplyDelete
  49. Following on Twitter - @WeeWillieWilkie

    Just realised I've put Land of Something on my last post!!! So tired!

    ReplyDelete
  50. WOULD LOVE TO WIN THIS FOR MY 2 :)
    @EMMAV6

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hi - I would love to enter and can be contacted on twitter @jaseos81

    ReplyDelete
  52. Liked on Facebook - Jaseos Harpos

    ReplyDelete
  53. Following on twitter @jaseos81

    ReplyDelete
  54. Tweeted - url https://twitter.com/#!/jaseos81/status/169886152101330944

    ReplyDelete
  55. i've read the review, and this sounds a lovely cd
    @hoops120

    ReplyDelete
  56. I've liked "The land of sometimes" on facebook
    kathleen hooper @hoops120

    ReplyDelete
  57. following the Land of Sometimes on Twitter
    @hoops120

    ReplyDelete
  58. Please include me! @mrsvickyames

    ReplyDelete
  59. Follow Land of Sometimes on twitter @mrsvickyames

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely, lovely. Fingers crossed here.

    @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  61. Already like facebook page with Phyllis Ellett

    ReplyDelete
  62. Already follow on twitter with @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  63. I would like to enter:

    email address: nickomcminn(at)yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. Following on Facebook

    Facebook name: Nick Hopkins

    ReplyDelete
  65. Following on Twitter

    @NickHopkins1234

    ReplyDelete
  66. Tweeted on Twitter

    @NickHopkins1234

    ReplyDelete
  67. This sounds absolutely adorable from your review!

    I'd love to enter please :-)

    @Laura_Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  68. Have liked on facebook - Laura Carrol

    ReplyDelete
  69. Have followed on twitter @Laura_Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  70. Have tweeted @Laura_Cookies x

    ReplyDelete
  71. Hi,please include me in the draw. @Dwerrycat

    ReplyDelete
  72. Please add me to the draw @SoozyBee

    ReplyDelete
  73. Liked on Facebook Soozy Bowe

    ReplyDelete
  74. Followed on twitter @SoozyBee

    ReplyDelete
  75. i'd like to enter the competition please. xx

    ReplyDelete
  76. Please enter me in the prize draw
    Thanks
    @chocolateonemse

    ReplyDelete
  77. Liked the Land of Sometimes facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  78. I am following the Land of Sometimes on Twitter
    @chocolateonemse

    ReplyDelete
  79. I'd like to enter please. You can contact me via Facebook (Katie Lou Myers) or Twitter (@KatieMyers1st). Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  80. I've liked your Facebook page - Katie Lou Myers

    ReplyDelete
  81. I've followed you on twitter @KatieMyers1st

    ReplyDelete
  82. And finally, i've tweeted! Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  83. id love to enter this competition please

    janineatkin82@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. i have liked land of sometimes on facebook
    janine atkin

    ReplyDelete
  85. im following land of sometimes on twitter
    @zeniebeenie

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'd love to enter please!
    @Isis1981uk

    ReplyDelete
  87. Like the Land of Sometime FB page (Laura Pritchard)

    ReplyDelete
  88. Following on Twitter @Isis1981uk

    ReplyDelete
  89. Tweeted the message @Isis1981uk

    ReplyDelete
  90. Please enter me into the competition :) Twitter @samanthawesley

    ReplyDelete
  91. I've followed on Twitter @samanthawesley

    ReplyDelete
  92. I've Tweeted - @samanthawesley

    ReplyDelete
  93. I've liked your facebook page - SJ Wesley

    ReplyDelete
  94. My kids would love this thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  95. Liked on facebook as Helen Rosbotham also

    ReplyDelete
  96. Sounds absolutely wonderful....enter me please!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  97. Thanks for sharing, would love to enter please.

    kevinseandooley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  98. Followed on Twitter

    @kevinseasndooley

    ReplyDelete
  99. Tweeted your comments!

    found here - https://twitter.com/#!/kevinseandooley/status/170672281234845696

    ReplyDelete
  100. I would like to enter. hannahlw85@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  101. I would like to enter please angegreen69@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  102. Liked on Facebook - Angela Green

    ReplyDelete
  103. Following on twitter dottydotty69

    ReplyDelete
  104. Looks and sounds fantastic my little boy would love a copy. Please enter me for a copy (d0nnagreen@blueyonder.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  105. please enter me into your giveaway, my grandson would like this

    ReplyDelete
  106. I've followed you on twitter: @Jenni000

    ReplyDelete