Monday 13 February 2012

Get some Sun Magic in your life!


We buy a lot of fruit juice in this house, but have to confess, we are a bit snobby about it.  I'm not particularly brand loyal, and will buy what's on offer, but I always buy fresh from the chiller section and have never bought cartons of juice from the drinks aisle.

Why is that? I guess I have the preconception that longer life drinks and juices made from concentrate are not as good as fresh, or that they're full of artificial nasties.  So when we were asked to try out some Sunmagic juices, I can't say I exactly had an open mind!

When they arrived I was pleased and surprised to see that they contain:


  • No artificial colours
  • No artificial preservatives
  • No artificial sweeteners
  • No artificial flavours


In addition, their orange juice is certified fair trade, and all their drinks are made from the highest quality concentrates and each juice drink counts as one of your five a day.

The second thing that struck me was their huge range.  Not just the fact that they make juice, drinks and smoothies, but they offer a practical solution to different needs - whether it's a family sized 1 litre carton, or 200ml cartons with straws perfect for lunchboxes.    There are currently a total of 32 different drinks in the range, and they offer excellent value for money.

You can currently pick up 2 x 1 litre cartons of Tropical Juice for just £1.75, that's under half the price that I usually pay for juice from the chiller section.

But I guess the most important verdict is the taste test...

We each had our particular flavours we liked and disliked, but the drinks were well received by the family.  Ruby particularly liked the fact that they didn't have 'bits' in them.  Whilst she loved the apple; orange and the blackcurrant and apple flavours, the other half enjoyed the blood orange and pure orange.  My personal favourite was the mango flavour, but it was too sweet for everyone else.

Well, Sunmagic, I think you've changed my mind!  Buying juice from concentrate is not only much more economical, it keeps longer, it can be kept in the store cupboard before it's opened meaning I can stock up and it doesn't compromise on taste!

Do pop over and check out their Facebook page for news, offers and competitions.

Disclosure: I was sent a selection of juices to review, however all opinions and words here are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of these posts. I like the guidelines you've laid out here. Thanks for sharing us.

    ReplyDelete